Caprese Grilled Cheese with Avocado and Bacon Recipe: Make this Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich with roasted tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, avocado, and bacon to take the caprese sandwich to a whole new level. It’s a tower of melty goodness! Hey, I have a thought. All of my favorite things should go on one sandwich.
Sometimes the conversations are even odder, like “I wonder how many confections I can top french toast with before it becomes totally unacceptable as either breakfast or dinner” or “If I eat an entire dozen cupcakes and nobody’s around to see it happen, do the calories still count?” or “How many batches of homemade fluff do you need to make before you can call yourself an expert?” Where can I get my certificate?”
Caprese Grilled Cheese with Avocado and Bacon Recipe
These talks with myself are usually what I do because, let’s be honest, they make me look bad. But I can’t help but write about one of those conversations every once in a while on the blog. And now is one of those times. It’s my favorite kind of sandwich. To change things up, I planned to make one but with a twist: I would make it into a grilled cheese and roast my fresh farm box tomatoes.
Then I had a nice avocado that I was dying to use. I also thought that some salty bacon would be good in any situation. The idea for this grilled cheese with avocado and bacon came from that. I don’t feel bad about any of it. Thoughts need to be left alone sometimes so they can go where they want to. You never know what kind of cool stuff it will find.
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 slices bacon,
- 4 slices good bread (of your choice)
- 6 thin slices fresh mozzarella
- 6 basil leaves
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
How to make it
- Oven should be preheated to 450 degrees. Apply a thin layer of olive oil to a baking sheet, and then arrange the tomatoes in a layer on the sheet. After brushing the tomatoes with the remaining olive oil, sprinkle them with salt from the sea.
- Roast for fifteen to twenty minutes in the oven, rotating the baking sheets approximately halfway through the process. As the tomatoes are being baked, prepare the bacon by cooking it on a griddle or in a large skillet until it reaches a nice and crispy texture.
- Remove bacon from pan and place on a plate covered with paper towels. Using the same skillet that you used to cook the bacon, place two slices of bread in the grease generated by the bacon. A layer of mozzarella cheese and roasted tomatoes should be placed on each one.
- Following that, garnish with bacon, avocado, and basil. Using a spatula, press down on the remaining two slices of bread that are on top of each sandwich, and then flip the sandwich over carefully. When the bread is nice and toasted on both sides and the cheese is beginning to melt, remove the sandwich from the skillet, cut it in half, and enjoy while it is still hot!