If you are looking for Easter Sunday Prayer then you are at the right place. The very purpose of this Resurrection Day reminds us – Jesus has made all things new. He breathes a new life so that we can live…free. One can try to bury Power, but it won’t stay there. One can try to bury Truth, but it is not dead. One can try to bury Love, but it cannot be contained. God’s not dead. And we are not alone. He lives! May we allow that truth to soak deep today…He has risen! Now check out Easter Sunday Prayer.
Easter Sunday Prayer
You loved this world so much that you gave your one and only Son, that we might be called your children too. Lord, help us to live in the gladness and grace of Easter Sunday, every day. Let us have hearts of thankfulness for your sacrifice. Let us have eyes that look upon your grace and rejoice in our salvation. Help us to walk in that mighty grace and tell you are good news to the world. All for your glory do we pray, Lord, Amen.
- “Do not be afraid,” – God, I hand over to You those things that make me so afraid. Resurrect the parts of my faith squelched by fear.
- “I know that you are looking for Jesus,” – God, when my soul is searching, help me know the answer to every longing can be found in You.
- “He has risen,” – God, the fact that Jesus rises should lift my head, my heart, and my attitude. Help me to live today as if I really believe this with every part of my life.
- “just as he said,” – Jesus, You keep Your promises. Help me live as though I believe that with every part of me. Help me trust You more, obey You more and resemble You more.
- “Come and see,” – Jesus, You had the angels invite the women in to see for themselves that You had risen. You invite me into these personal revelations every day. Forgive me for sometimes rushing about and forgetting to come and see for myself … You, Your Word, Your insights.
- “Then go quickly and tell his disciples,” – Jesus, I don’t want to be a secret keeper with my faith. I want to be a bold and gracious truth proclaimer. For You. With You. Because of You. Me, the unwanted girl whom You loved, redeemed and wanted.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Lord God, Jesus cried out to you on the cross, “Why have you forsaken me?” You seemed so far from his cry and from his distress. Those who stood at the foot of the cross wondered where you were, as they saw Jesus mocked and shamed and killed. Where were you then?
Lord God, we, too, ask where you are, when there is trouble and suffering and death, and we cry out to you for help. Be near to us, and save us so that we may praise you for your deliverance.
Lord God, we wait, on Friday, for the resurrection of Sunday and sometimes our lives seem a succession of Fridays and we cannot see what is “Good.” Teach us to call your name as Jesus did. Make us trust in you like little children. In Jesus’ name, Amen. – Rachel Marie Stone
Father, Thank You for the miracle of life – abundant life here, and eternal life with You in Heaven. Help me celebrate that life every day as I seek You and follow Your plan for my life. Today, I say with the Apostle Paul, “Where, O death is your victory? Where, O death is your sting?”
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you like these Easter Sunday Prayer then give your comments below.